Why Filled Christmas Stockings?
After over 10 years working as an IT Consultant, I set up the Filled Stocking Company in 2017 for lots of reasons, here are some...
1. Because I believe in shopping small. I wanted to do something to support and promote good businesses and I hated the idea of trying to become a social influencer, I don't wish to 'influence' anyone.
2. I love introducing independent brands to busy people who may only have time to shop with large-scale retailers.
3. I really believe we can look after ourselves and our skin in a way that feels luxurious and is kind to people, animals and planet.
4. Because my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I needed to do something that was both a distraction and a tribute to my Christmas stockings that have always been my favourite part of Christmas Day.
5. I wanted to help other men like my husband who really have no clue how to surprise/spoil/delight/thank their wives at Christmas.
6. I wanted to try starting a business after envying candidates on The Apprentice and business owners in Dragon's Den.
7. After 6 years of being a stay-at-home mum, I needed something for myself.
8. I wanted a creative outlet that was both safe and challenging.
9. Because I wanted to create a retail business that is honest, diligent and transparent (I really try to not be fooled by greenwashing).
10. To create something real - I am rubbish at marketing but that's OK because I want a product that sells itself.
I could go on. The reasons change as the years go by. The Filled Stocking Company has brought me so much happiness. I absolutely love the research, I love the planning/curating, I love the wrapping (I was the world's worst wrapper before my course with Jane Means, thank you Jane), I love thinking that I have made someone happy on Christmas Day.
If you choose to buy a stocking, I am very, very grateful, thank you.
If you want to get in touch, please email me using firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founder / Chief Elf
The Filled Stocking Company Ltd is owned and run by Rosie Tidmarsh.
The company is registered with Companies House with ID 10869405.